I'm hoping for one more snow storm. I know, I know, but when we took Miah sledding a few weeks ago, it was disappointingly short. We started too late, so she was crying from the beginning. Even though she rode the sled down the aisles in Wal-Mart, she wouldn't ride the sled across the snow to the small hill. Then she cried loudly as we slid down the hill. The second time down, she didn't see anything because her face was buried in my coat. As I stood up, she fell down, mittenless hands first. It was over. I could hardly wait to go again, but we haven't seen snow since.
Speaking of short-lived, so are our attempts at reading the Old Testament stories. I'm not talking about so-and-so begets so-and-so, I'm talking about good stuff like evil kings and conspiracies. Despite invisible crowns and sword thrusts we could only get through seven lines of Amon to Josiah (2 Kings 21). It was fun while it lasted, but I look forward to a longer attention span.
No comments:
Post a Comment