Part I
I was fiddling with my nails when she grabbed my thumb in both hands and took a look. "Nails!""Yes, nails."
"Happen?"
"My nails are dirty."
We repeated this conversation while I commented to Mark that it's odd her first question to me is "[What] happen[ed]?" as opposed to "Who?" or "Why?".
I then took her hand in mind and asked about her nails. "What happened to your nails, Miah?"
She thought for a moment and replied, "Doggy!"
I couldn't help myself as I wondered how many years I have to hear her blaming things on her dog.
Part II
Miah put her hand out in the middle of putting food into her mouth, and I offered to say grace with her. As I was praying, she squeezed her eyes shut. When I had finished I looked up to see Mark, hand to his mouth, holding back laughter. He had been watching us, and saw Miah peek at me with one eye while I was saying grace, and close it shut again when she figured I wasn't done. When I looked at her, she was squinting as if she wasn't sure I had finished.
Part III
All the way to the car she clutched the box of potty-training m&m's and said, "Thank you, Mommy. Thank you!" As soon as she touched the car seat, she started to pry the box open, and you would have thought it was the end of the world when I explained that she would have to earn them--later.
I do marvel over her patience and understanding that she at least had to wait until we reached to car to open the box. And her gratitude (not to mention excitement) was hilarious. I really didn't think I had been doing a good job in reinforcing this, but her attitude today suggested that I had.
4 comments:
Just checking to see if I can post without going through Ft. Knox. LOL
Hey, worked like a charm!
Hooray! Thank you for the feedback.
Can't wait to spend Friday with you, Miss Miah!!
Post a Comment