Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the good times

I've heard somewhere that in spite of all the suffering, pain, and hard times, we tend to remember the good times. That is true of my past twenty-four hours. I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to complete job applications for Mark, and then I got up to do finish the work I had begun. The day was tiresome and stressful and I accomplished a lot, but all I remember is taking Miah to Aerials Gym for their $5 open gym (what a great deal!).

I realized that if we were going to make the most of our hour in the pint sized gymnastics center, I was going to have to play with her. I think I had more fun than a woman my age is expected to have chasing my daughter around the center, jumping on the trampoline, playing hide n' go seek in the cool inflatable, and rolling around in a padded tumbler. Even if I had brought the camera, I didn't have time to take pictures--but what a shame.

A few hours later we were playing games at Amanda's. I still laugh to think how she made me a cup of tea without asking. I think her tea radar was on as I vented about the previous two hours.

We were driving into the garage as the first few raindrops fell. Now it's a blustery, cozy snowfall as I cuddle up to a movie in bed.

These are the things I'll remember about this day.

No comments: