Saturday, March 6, 2010

long, long overdue photos

She'll put up with anything when food is involved. I found the first of the stickers all over my couch (thanks to Miah), but I found the last of the stickers when I was cleaning up the back yard (thanks to Roxy).

Mark had asked me if I noticed the shapes Miah was making out his brass casings, and I hadn't. She was pretty proud of this creation, and so were we. A cross and ammunition! You're a child after our heart kiddo'.

Between projects, new "toys," and furiously cleaning the house all weekend to show it (because I just can't keep up with it and get sleep during the work week), Miah has felt a little left out. She was delighted to help Dad make a .45 round--since he used up all of "her" empty casings she'd been playing with all week.

I know you're pleased as anything about what you and Dad created (there's going to be a lot more of that over the years), but I love how you bring out this smile in Dad. I only see it in pictures of him with you.

"Grandma, when are you coming home?" I had to yell over the speaker phone for most of this conversation. Miah wanted to hear Grandma's voice, so the phone was glued to her ear.


"Thank you for the stickers! I forgot all about my stuffy nose while I used them to decorate the card you sent me. I love you too."

Stealing Mom's books again.

I finally caught her dancing by herself, so I could take pictures. Miah loves to start the morning off by blasting the radio and dancing. This morning she blared the radio from the back bedroom the tore into the living room to twirl and twirl and twirl. If we're not looking, and she's desperate, she'll turn the volume up first, and then turn on the radio. She's in heaven for the few seconds it takes one of us to scream across the house to turn it off. Good thing we don't live in an apartment.

"If you're happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it..."


"And we all fall down."

"Hi Dad! No boys allowed."


"What shall we cook tonight?"

She does not get this from us, but she clearly picked up licking a finger to turn the page from someone. She does this all the time.

"What's up doc?"

No comments: