She is stuck on three, so when we were counting on our way home this week she wanted to count like this:
One. Three! Three! (Then giving in.) Two. Three!
As we ventured past five and tried to bridge the gap between four and eight, another favorite, she stuck with six.
Me: One. Miah: One.
Two. Six
Two. SIX.
Two. SIX!
Two. (Whispering,) no.
I took a breath and started again:
One. No (this time a little louder).
Two. No.
Three. NO.
Four. NO.
Five. NO.
Six (hoping that she would say her new favorite number). NO! Hehehehe.
Sigh.
Then, to my delight, she has started to take our hands and says "c'mere" until we come. "Sit," she demands. So I sit. "Here. Books. Read." She'll hand me, or whoever she has drug down to the carpet, a book. She'll also pull out another book or two for herself, and we'll "read" our books together. It's too cute, and I can hardly wait to tell my students that she is now just as fascinated with books as she is with anything that has to do with numbers.
No comments:
Post a Comment