Thursday, February 25, 2010

i love you for a million and one reasons

I love the way you run all your kitchen utensils into the living room like the Iron Chef running his ingredients into the kitchen.
I love the way you are opinionated about the books we read.
I love the way you cross your arms when you are waiting.
I love the way you dance Broadway style across the dinner bench (although I really wish you would eat as well as you dance).
I love the way you laugh and tell us when something is "funny."
I love the way you run to greet Dad at the door, and run away to make him catch you.
I love the way you are so interested in all of Dad's activities from minor repairs to reloading magazines.
I love the way you'll steal my books and lie with chin in hands pretending to read a novel.
I love the way you enter our home in the evening screaming "Doggy! Love! Doggy!"
I love the way you hide behind the curtains and call out to me until I play hide and go seek.
I love the way you say "I boo" in place of "peek a boo."
I love the way you stick your tongue in and out for a giraffe sound.
I love your sense of adventure, your giggles, and your songs.
I love the way you sing "Rock a Bye Baby" as "Rock ----- baby-----baby-----crash!"
Sweet Pea, I love you, and I can't tell you that enough. No surprise it's one of the first ideas you've tried to express even though you're too young to understand what you're saying.

No comments: