
This picture says it all. I've had fires to put out, tears to dry, papers to find and grade, on and on. So this was my Sunday afternoon while I Mark and I monitored a feverish little girl.

The weekend wasn't all papers and soap bubbles. We also had a great night playing Settlers of Catan with friends on Saturday. (I can't wait to get together to do this again!) Earlier that morning I took Miah to play soccer at Lil' Kickers. I've been trying to get there to take advantage of a free trial offer all month.

We missed the 10 o'clock session by just a few minutes, so we stuck around and watched the bigger kids. It was all I could do to stop Miah from climbing into the "fields" to join them. Our time arrived at last, but she tired out half-way through. It was around this time, I realized in retrospect, that she was starting to come down with something. Ordinarily, she could have played with balls all day. Afterwards, we went out for ice cream to celebrate a friend's birthday.

We both loved this program, and I plan to register Miah so we can come "play soccer" twice a month. As you can see, we loved the bouncy balls too much to concern ourselves with the miniature soccer balls. Maybe next time we'll get the idea of an obstacle course down rather than taking delight in the reconstruction of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment