Monday, February 7, 2011

one adventure in trinidad


I opened my inbox this morning and saw a message from Mark that read,"And you like snow." Let me clarify: I like snow because it usually means a quiet-stay-at-home-make-hot-chocolate-and-bake-cookies kind of day, and if I go out in the snow it's because I want to. For Mark, the two foot pile carpet spelled a long evening of shoveling himself up the driveway and praying he could get to class the next morning. It probably also meant a cozy log fire to make up for this.

PART TWO
I answered the phone while pulling Miah out of her bath to hear about what happened after this picture was taken. Apparently, Mark tried to shovel himself up the driveway, an undertaking I would never have considered--it's a long driveway. He missed. As he inched his way up the driveway, the car fell off the road. I understand there was a tow truck involved and he missed class.

I'm sure that this view out his window can't come soon enough.


No comments: