This afternoon I'll steel myself up for a trip to Wal-Mart for canning supplies and vinegar. Even though my canning process is a pile of food and canning jars on the counter, I can't wait for the end of three weeks to come when I bite into my first home-made pickles.
Amanda whipped up buttermilk pancakes from scratch while I cooked sausage, brewed coffee, and tried to wash a few dishes in the process. It was fun cooking together and having more people at the kitchen table.
While Mark changed the oil in Amanda's car, I tackled potty training. Three glasses of juice and 90 minutes later Miah had effectively produced nothing, yet she fights me every night over wearing her diapers. She'll also sit down on the toilet for a few minutes without prompting. A mother would think the child is ready. I sure am.
No comments:
Post a Comment