Friday, April 23, 2010

quick update

Strange to think that we've been too busy, and at the end of the day I feel like I have little to write about these days.

The highlights were a surprise day off for me that coincided nicely with my husband's day off. We dropped Miah off to spend the day together. After a quick cleaning blitz, we took off to play pee wee golf, clean our wedding rings, and laugh together. On our way to pick up Miah, I told Mark that we need to get a basketball hoop. He laughed before I could explain why I, the most uncoordinated wife he could have married, wanted a basketball hoop. I explained that it is nice to play together like the time we had a spontaneous water gun fight with Miah's water guns and throw the Frisbee in the back yard.

Miah is going through a separation anxiety phase which wrenches my heart most times of the day. When she's not upset that I'm missing, she's upset that Dad isn't around. We're also trying to potty-train. The first morning, I sat her on her toilet and kept giving her beverages. She probably sat there for thirty minutes before Dad took pity on her and let her get up. I hugged her a couple minutes later only to feel that she had filled her diaper. Even m&m's and big-girl underwear hasn't helped motivate her.

We continue to play games. This week I invited our friend over to teach her cribbage. I was flooded with memories as I pulled out Granny and Gido's old cribbage board and the Cracker Jack skunk, the very one Gido and I used to play with before he became sick.

I'll have pictures and more stories next week.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh, my heart aches for you. I'll pray that Miah gets over her separation anxiety soon. That is so hard on you both. Hugs!

the coveys said...

Thank you Theresa.