Saturday, April 24, 2010

no time for moms

I used to think that our necessity to visit the bathroom after drinking lots of water was God's built in quiet time for moms. My mom could have told me otherwise; that was always a running joke in my family. As soon as she disappeared I or my dad needed her--no matter how unneeded she had been the rest of the time.

Today, as I hurried through the house to prepare for a showing and for company, I was met with a similar situation. I was just taking a deep breath when I heard a yelp and a lot of banging through the wall followed by a terrified cry. Miah was growing more frantic by the second, so I hurried. I found her flushed like a sunburn and Niagra Falls streaming down her face from having locked herself in the bathroom.

No comments: