In August it rained. Sure, we had our share of rain showers and hail and lightening strikes, but life also decided to hammer us one drop at a time. I've been reluctant to say that about this month because we have also been able to look at some peaks from our valleys and they're beautiful.
One of the drops that fell upon our household is a broken camera--which might not have been so bad if other factors hadn't come in to rob our funds to fix it. After a whole summer of zealously taking the most ridiculous pictures, trying to capture every little moment of Miah, it's been a little maddening. But I always have words with which to paint pictures.
So picture Mark trying to paint our house with busy little Miah who LOVES climbing. (I wonder whom she inherited that from?) Intent on painting, Mark didn't realize she had climbed onto the scaffolding until she started jumping on it and nearly caused him to fall a few hard feet onto the driveway. Another picture I wish I had is of her helping to carry the drain pipes down the driveway. Mark says she grunted and strained beneath the few pounds of weight she hefted.
I can believe this because later that same day she poked through her diaper bag, pulled the straps over her shoulders, walked a few hard steps, stopped, waved, and said, "bye bye". Just in case I didn't believe her she took a few more steps and repeated the performance.
On the flip side, she is still my little cuddle bug. Unlike last year, when she was more than willing to be left at someone else's house, she has decided to cry and fit when I leave her in the mornings. I decided that our first order of business this weekend would be to cuddle, and cuddle we did both Saturday and Sunday mornings.
No comments:
Post a Comment