Sunday, August 23, 2009

sundays are good

Sundays are good for giving Miah a chocolatey treat, learning new words--"kick" and "catch" as in "kick the ball," clipping coupons, long naps, lesson plans, menu plans, updating the blog, and finding Miah in odd corners of the house.

Again I found myself lulled by Miah's silence and it took me a while to realize she had been quiet too long. In her world it was just long enough to carry the dog food to the back bedroom and convince Roxanne that she should be fed by the handful from the dog bed. Roxy is too much like a toddler herself, so while she ate, she didn't luxuriate in the situation. When I came in, she gave me the look that read, "It wasn't my idea." Miah had to pick up a cup of kibble and carry the bowl back to the kitchen.

1 comment:

inpassing said...

That silence...unless you know they are soundly asleep...can be too much of a good thing! I'm not sure who is wrapped around who's finger/paw..Roxy around Miah, or Miah around Roxy.