Saturday, August 22, 2009

kiss the cook

Miah helped me bake brownies from scratch--the only way to make brownies. First, we unwrapped the baking chocolate. Miah was so involved that I let her unwrap an extra square before rewrapping it for another batch of brownies.

Then, while Mom melted the chocolate and butter in the microwave, Miah occupied herself with scraping a fork through the buttered baking dish. What fun!Mom was a little nervous about giving a 19-month-old a 1/4 C of flour, but after practicing a few times, Miah was able to dump the last bit of flour into the bowl all on her own.



A few minutes later the batter was ready to go in the oven and Miah indulged in the fruits of her labor, gooey brownie dough.

2 comments:

inpassing said...

Looks like Miah likes to dig in with both hands when there is a project to be done! I can remember hollering "who wants to lick the spoon" when I was baking something. Funny...there never was a shortage of "taker"!

the coveys said...

I'm going to miss being able to lick the spoons myself!