My thoughts are still a little scattered about the trip Miah and I just came back from, so my telling of it will not be appearing in any chronological order. In fact, I'll be starting with our last day in the car. Miah must have rotated through all of her car toys at least a couple dozen times by the time we rolled through La Juanta, so I pulled out the last and final resort we picked up at Mema's: colored pens and paper. Here (below) she is showing off her violet scribbles. That face says it all: "Are we there yet?"

Even though Miah slept until the last possible minute, she had a few minutes with Great-Grandmother Covey who introduced a couple of classics, the pull-along telephone and queen bee. Vicki pointed out that the queen bee must be a classic because none of us have seen remakes. I was surprised that Miah loved the bee more than the phone; she probably walked a quarter of a mile up and down the hallway before we left.

1 comment:
I've tried to type a simple comment three times already, but I'm using a new laptop and hit a wrong key so it all disappears. If it does it again...I give up!
I'm glad you were able to make the trip back to Oklahoma and Arkansas. Thanks for sharing it with us through pictures. It's fun to watch Miah growing up.
Post a Comment