When the Lindens stopped by to drop off papers, they tried asking Miah how old she was. "Three birthdays," was the reply which was correct in a way.
While setting the table for her party, she snuck into my picture of her brightly colored table. There's no theme here other than bright colors, and that's pretty accurate. As I plan how I'm going to decorate her room this summer (because I finally feel comfortable doing that for her) I've planned the design-on-a-dime way to add some sparkle for her. It wouldn't be her room without it.
I intended to make a holiday punch, but after coming home from the store I realized I had forgotten to add the ingredients to my shopping list. Instead, I brewed up some gingerbread latte while the cake baked. This means that Miah had a gingerbread steamer with whipped cream and heart sprinkles on top. I don't know if she ever made it to the milk before she was distracted by cake and presents, but it made her smile.
Ever since camp this summer, Miah has loved the idea of birthday cake. Every cake, to her mind, is birthday cake. I can't blame her for thinking that. It seemed like every other night the kitchen rolled out a new cake--five weeks in a row. Finally it was her turn for her own cake. Since plans changed the night before, I wasn't able to make this cake fancy--no time to find the dyes for the frosting. She didn't care. It was hers. It was covered in sprinkles and Mom found her pretty daisy candles. Before we could finish saying, "blow out the candles," the flames were gone with one blow, like she had been doing this all year.
She loved every single one of her presents. After we pried her computer out of her hands, she went to work on the puzzle. Grandpa tried to help our dressed up princess, but she was distracted by my cutting cake. With cake in her mouth and balanced on her fork, however, she assembled the puzzle without a second thought. I think we're making progress. I thought it was adorable that she recieved a puzzle from her cousin, the puzzle king. (Kellen, I can't wait to assemble complicated puzzles with you. That's a tradition I shared with my aunts!)
![]() |
| The don't-you-dare-take-a-picture-of-me-on-the-pretty-purple-computer look. |
I just finished registering Miah's Leapfrog computer, and she loves it. Thank you grandma and grandpa. We've already "sent" her an e-mail from you.
Sweetheart, I thought about writing sentimental birthday prose to you, but I couldn't find the words. You fill my heart with all your quirks and busyness and I wonder every day what wonderful plans God must have for a spirit like yours.





1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sweet Miah!!
Post a Comment