In retrospect my ringing in the new year was more of a thunk than a tinkle, a thud than a chime. But now that the new year has begun and I'm looking forward... to changes, I can also see the good memories we made over the summer (Holly, Alamosa, Raton) and the wonderful weekend game nights chewing on gummy bears. It was the year of waiting for Miah's hair to grow out. We're still waiting. This was the year that Miah fell in love with swimming, started running, and had us laughing along with her sense of humor. This was the first year were extras in Miah's Musical--I'm pretty sure this only the start to her show. Even though her dad abhors all musicals he's oddly OK that she plays a lead role in one every day.
I don't want to forget that.
In fact, it makes me look forward to dragging the sleds to the Sand Dunes in May when the river is flowing, or to detangling my fishing poles to drop a line in the mountain lakes not far from Trinidad, or to inflating the raft for Miah's first "boat ride", or to dusting off my hiking boots to explore La Veta.The more I learn about Southern Colorado, the more I want to explore. Did you know about the thermally heated lake near Walsenburg? They say it's warm enough to swim during the summer months. I used to love lake swimming in Michigan. If it warm enough, I'll introduce Miah to that wonderful experience.
Here's to an exciting year of changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment