Tuesday, May 18, 2010

where did she come from

"Where did she come from?" I sputtered between laughs. Miah let me play "dress up" to see if she had grown into some clothes we received a few months ago. The denim dress with red and white anchors looked nice, and I was excited to plop a hat on her head that coordinated.

"No!" she announced as she threw the hat on the floor and ran into a corner. OK, no big deal, I just thought it was cute. But seeing that we weren't impressed and she was safe, she sneaked over to the suitcase in the living room where I am organizing clothes for camp, in the middle of everything else, and pulled out her camo hat. Exuberantly, she pulled the hat over her ears, intentionally askew, and pronounced herself "pretty" in a tone that left no room for dispute. Sweetie, I hope that you are always that confident (without being proud) about being pretty--no matter what.

Mark suggested that she has a little redneck in her. It further shows her dichotomy of becoming a girly tom boy. I'm thinking that the tom boy side will dominate in the early years, except on the occasion I show her a shoe aisle. Did I tell you about the gold strappy sandals with the clear baubles that she picked out? Scandalous.

It was hard to tell if she enjoyed this or not. We'll get her out at Skate City though in another year or two.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Aw, Miah you ARE beautiful and I wish that women would all be as confident about their beauty as you are. Because that confidence does make you beautiful!