Friday, January 15, 2010

tougher than I thought

Yesterday marked the last day of "Well Baby" check-ups. She's healthy and stubborn: she met all the doctor's questions with a determined gaze.

If we ever wondered why we've never seen tears over spankings, we found out why. She's tough. The nurse asked me to hold her hands. I forgot that step and had unconciously slipped as far away from the needle as I could while remaining within Miah's view. I held Miah. No, I gripped Miah as though I were the one receiving the shot. There was no reason for this since she didn't cry, or yelp out, or make any kind of noise. She looked at the nurse as if to say, "What is that?" and squealed with delight over her "sticker," the band-aid.

I'm thinking that I need to look at lacross and hockey for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caitlin (and Mark and Miah)! This is your cousin Laura. My mom sent me the link to your blog and I've been really enjoying it - and I'm not even a quarter through. Miah is such a cutie! And Roxy looks a lot like my mom's dog Max.
Love,
Laura

the coveys said...

Hi! I'm excited to see that you have a blog, and I'll be sitting down to read yours soon. I remember enjoying your letters when we were younger.