Friday, November 27, 2009

vacation

Roxy supervises the packing.
Last year we purchased a vacation plan that we need to use up by May, so we headed up to Steamboat Springs the last weekend of October. We had just gone through a snow storm, and I was certain there would be snow in Steamboat. We woke up to 40 degree, sunny weather that quickly melted any bit of snow in town. So much for sledding.

Although I didn't get to play in the snow with Miah, the one bedroom suite was comfortable. I relaxed by the fire the night we arrived. I definately want to return, just to cuddle up next to the fire as it gently snows outside.

Miah wanted to wear her bear snow suit every chance she got. When we prepared to go find some breakfast, she was thrilled. She wasn't as excited about her boots which slowed her way down as she clopped along and examined her feet along the way.

The kitchen was really well supplied. I'll come better prepared to use the kitchen next time.

No comments: