Thursday, November 25, 2010

conversations

My screensaver sports a picture of me driving Macaroni. Miah spied the picture a few minutes before I got her ready to go Thanksgiving shopping. This was our conversation:

Me: Are you ready to go shopping?
Miah Go in the school bus, Mommy?
Me: That would be fun, but I don't have a school bus outside.
Miah: Do you miss your bus?
Me: Yes.

Lately, she's been sharing a lot more of her wild imagination. The other day she insisted that we had wings and we can fly. This brings back memories of my desire as a little girl to fly. One day my friends and I cut out, decorated, attached wings to our shoulder blades, and set out to fly around the playground. We were disapointed that we didn't make it far off the ground, but Miah doesn't seem to mind. We just flap our wings all around the house, and she's delighted.

When I have her straighten her shoes, she sometimes lines them up toe to toe and shouts with glee, "Shoe, shoe train. Woo, woo!"

This morning, while we showered and dressed, she put on her shoes--which makes her think she's free to go anywhere--and headed outside with Tugger. I was half dressed when I first heard the cries for help. By the time I got upstairs she had scared Tugger to the back of the house, and felt half-frozen. She was crying, "Mommy! Help! I don't want outside! I don't want outside!" Like I had anything to do with her being outside.

Sometimes her imagination gets the better of her. She's lately become afraid of tigers and monsters getting her in the dark. I put a night light in her room which worked for about four days until she became afraid of the shadows it cast over her bed. Last night she was scared of the ceiling! I didn't have an answer for that one, but she got over it.

1 comment:

amandapanda said...

awe! i miss miah, and you! :)