I almost couldn't think of the word to describe this weekend, but I found it: normal, almost peaceful. Miah and I had the morning together, along with AHG, outside. That afternoon Mark let me escape during nap time to a coffee shop. All I did there was read--for fun! This reengergized me to make some sense of the last of our boxes, organize our bedroom, and get clothes run through the wash. The next morning the abnormal event that felt refreshingly normal was sitting with Stephanie over coffee for four hours. The afternoon I spent talking with my husband, grading a little bit, and topped off the day with a special dinner of bay scallops and broiled vegetables. It has felt like forever since I calmly made a nice meal for my family. Afterwards Chris and Amanda came over to play Settlers of Catan, which also made life seem normal.
In honor of Amanda's cast and mending arm, we developed the broken arm salute. During a silly moment, Chris showed us the double cast.
It was wonderful to be together again.



No comments:
Post a Comment