"Say 'banana'!" We posed for a picture with Kamila the baboon after watching the show "Wild About Monkeys" at the state fair. Kamila starred in Evan Almighty and other movies, so this was is Miah's first picture with a movie star. Plus we think it's kind of cute that our "little monkey" finally met a real monkey.
While we might have been impressed with the monkey, Miah was falling in love with rabbits. She was thrilled when this rabbit sat in her lap for a minute; in the the show rooms Miah made it clear that her favorite rabit is the white haired, red eyed rabbit from the Cadburry chocolate commercials. I decided my favorite is the Mini Rex rabbits with the velvet fur. Then my jaw dropped when we met the French Lops which weigh about as much as Miah.
Miah was just as excited to try to climb the fences as she was about petting the animals. After getting nipped at by the miniature horse, we moved over to the calm donkey.
I was excited to see that Miah took to the goats--though not as much as to the rabbits--because someday I want a couple of Pygmy or Nubian goats. Mark tussled the goat's head before letting Miah get close, so Miah imitated by grabbing the goat by the horns and head-butting him. I'm glad she didn't do the same with the huge cow we saw in the judging corral. We got to see some massive brown cow with horns about the length of our vehicle who lowered her head at all the spectators and let out the deepest, longest moo I've ever heard. It was so low that I almost liked it.
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great time, and it looks like Miah will be an adventurer like her Mom and Dad
Post a Comment